The Hattie G. Wilson Library originally opened in 1947 as Fort Hill Branch Library to provide service to the African-American community of Marietta. Mrs. Wilson worked at the library from 1951 until her retirement in 1986. Two years later, the library was renamed in her honor.
Today, the library houses an extensive collection of African-American literature and materials, and serves as a homework center for area children. This branch has five computers available for public use. Rachell Heard is the current branch librarian.
- Hours: The Hattie G. Wilson Library is now closed.
- Founding Date: 1947
- Specialties: African-American literature, homework assistance