Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park
Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park preserves a Civil War battleground of the Atlanta Campaign. The park is 2,923 acres and includes Kennesaw Mountain, along with three historic battlefield areas. Hikers may explore its many trails, which pass by earthworks and Civil War-era cannons. The park also offers educational programs such as the Junior Ranger Program.
- Fax: (770) 528-8398
- Hours: The visitor center is open Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, 8:30am - 6pm. Battlefield grounds are open daily from 7:30am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, Bathrooms
- Founding Date: 1917
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: 5,350 soldiers were killed here during the battle that ensued from June 19, 1864 through July 2, 1864.
- Features: Benches, Picnic tables
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Ranger, Restrooms, Tours
- Permit requirements: Apply for Special Use Permit through Chief Ranger's Office.
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 2,923 acres