Southern Polytechnic State University
Southern Polytechnic State University, also known as Southern Poly and SPSU, is a public university that was founded in 1948 in Chamblee as a two-year division of the Georgia Institute of Technology or Georgia Tech. The university, which moved to its present campus around 1958, is now known for its academic programs in engineering, technology and computer science.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is wheelchair accessible.
- Founding Date: 1948
- Number of students: 4,800
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Assoc. of Colleges and Schools, Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB), Am. Council for Construction Education (ACCE), Assoc. of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate
- Sports facilities: Recreation and Wellness Center, Outdoor Recreation Complex, SPSU Hornets Soccer Facility/Nuesoft Technologies Field, Athletic Gymnasium and Walter J. Kelly Jr. Field
- Sports teams: Basketball, Baseball, Soccer