Thursday, May 23, 2013
Take a look at the lineup for the 2013 Glover Park Concert Series on Marietta Square.
The Glow Band will continue the 2013 Glover Park Concert Series Friday, May 31 at 8 p.m. in and around the park in downtown Marietta, and you can reserve a front-row seat online.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
This week bring your lunch and enjoy the New Horizon's Band on Thursday during the May Brown Bag Concert Series on Marietta Square.
Bring your lunch and enjoy local musicians entertaining every Thursday at noon during May on the stage in Glover Park at the Square. More info: Marietta's Parks and Recreation Department, 770-794-5601
Monday, April 1, 2013
Starting in April concerts will be held once a month through September in Glover Park. Take a look at the lineup for the 2013 Glover Park Concert Series.
The Kurt Thomas Band will kick off the 2013 Glover Park Concert Series with their party rock and country music. The first Glover Park Concert of the season will take place on Friday, April 26 at 8 p.m. in and around Glover Park. The concerts are free and open to the public. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up after 4 p.m. Personal tables are not permitted in the park but may be set up on North Park Square after 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
The final Glover Park Concert of the season, Marietta Reads! 10th anniversary celebration, the fourth annual Whole Hawg Happenin’ BBQ and Music Fest and more are going on this weekend.
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD FILES
- Melissa Kory
Thursday, September 27, 2012
1. Atlanta Pleasure Band will play the final Glover Park Concert of the season at 8 p.m. Friday. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up in the park after 4 p.m. Personal tables are not permitted in the park but may be set up on North Park Square after 6 p.m. 2. Marietta Reads!, the Marietta City Schools (MCS) citywide effort to foster reading and literacy in the community, celebrates its tenth-year anniversary Saturday, Sept. 29, in Glover Park in the Marietta Square from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Get details on the event here. 3. The Atlanta Lyric Theatre presents Cole Porter’s classic 1930s musical Anything Goes through Oct. 7, at the Strand Theatre. Learn more about the production here. September 27, 28, 29, 30: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at…
Thursday, August 23, 2012
The Glover Park Concert Series; martinis, music and art at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art; Brew with a View, "The Wizard of Oz" and "Mamma Mia!" at the Strand; "Legally Blonde" and more are on deck for Marietta this weekend.
1. The Cobb County Classic Rodeo is riding into Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta. Beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, August 24, and Saturday, August 25, the fun will last about two hours each night. Admission at the gate is $15 for adults and $12 for children. Ages five and under are admitted free. 2. The Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art is hosting Martinis & Music on Friday, August 24. Enjoy Martinis, hors d’oeuvres and musical entertainment along with access to all exhibitions from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 3. Friday, enjoy the sounds of Yacht Rock Schooner (Party Rock) under the stars and be sure to bring a picnic and blankets or set up your lawn chairs after 4 p.m. at the Glover Park Concert Series. Personal tables can be set up in the street on …
Thursday, July 26, 2012
This weekend in Marietta "Smoke on the Mountain" will play at the Strand Theatre, Good Mews will hold its Pins for Purrs fundraiser, The Fabulous Expressions will perform in Marietta Square and more.
1. The bluegrass revival Smoke on the Mountain, starring members of the original Theatre in the Square cast, will be presented by the Atlanta Lyric Theatre from July 27 through Aug. 5 at the Strand Theatre. 2. Spend an afternoon having some fun and helping to raise money in support of the cats of Good Mews by coming to the 2012 bowling fundraiser (Pins for Purrs) at Brunswick Zone, 2749 Delk Road, Marietta on Sunday, July 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $20. 3. Come out to Glover Park to listen to The Fabulous Expressions (Beach), part of the Glover Park Concert Series, Friday at 8 p.m. 4. Join the Marietta Trolley Co. for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. …
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art, the Summer Craft Beer Tasting at the Marietta Wine Market, dating old portraits with Pamela Cole and more—check out what's going on this weekend in Marietta.
1. On Friday, June 29, come out to enjoy the Glover Park Concert Series—China Grove (Doobie Bros Tribute Band). Concerts begin at 8 p.m. Get more information on the Glover Park Concert Series here. 2. It’s time for the First Sunday Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art. The first Sunday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m., you can join the museum for an afternoon of fun activities for the family. 3. Join the Marietta Wine Market on Saturday, June 30 from 2 until 4 p.m. for the Summer Craft Beer Tasting. Along with the beers, the market will be serving grilled chicken, black beans and chips with a souvenir glass to keep. Proceeds from the event will go to the Homeless Pets Foundation sponsored by Dr. Good of Town & Country Vet. The cost …
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
If you enjoy great music, huge water slides or movies, are a history buff or like patriotic happenings, this is your week! Take a look at these family activities in and around Marietta.
Leading up to July 4th, you'll find many fun and exciting activities for the Frugal Family in and around Marietta. If you enjoy great music, huge water slides or movies, are a history buff or like patriotic happenings, this is your week! Take a look at all the events you can enjoy either for free or at a bargain cost: Wednesday, June 27, Tuesday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 4. Regal Summer Movie Express. Moviegoers of all ages can climb aboard the Summer Movie Express to enjoy a great selection of films. Participating Regal Cinemas will offer selected G or PG-rated movies for only a dollar ($1) on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. A portion of proceeds from the Summer Movie Express will be donated to the Will Rogers Institute. June 27: Hugo…
Thursday, May 24, 2012
This weekend in Marietta get out with art, join the Windies on the Square, enjoy music in Glover Park, take a ride on the Marietta Trolley or get your haunt on with a ghost walk.
1. Come out for an Open Figure Drawing event at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. Admission is $10. Dry media only. Bring your own drawing materials, boards or easels. Call 770-528-1444 x16 or email Emily Ryals at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. 2. Join your favorite "Gone With the Wind" characters for a weekend with cast members, an auction, costumes, awards and the Twelve Oaks Barbecue. Learn more about the Belles, Beaus and Barbecue event and the Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum here. 3. Still Swinging (Big Band) will kick off the night on Friday, May 25 at 8 p.m. on Marietta Square. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up in the park after 4 p.m. for the 2012 Glover Park Concert …
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
This week Frugal Family features a family Greek festival, membership prices and information for Six Flags White Water, concerts and the Cobb County Animal Control’s Spring Adopt-A-Thon.
School is almost out for the summer and Marietta’s Frugal Families are scouting vacation and entertainment ideas for spring and summer fun. Luckily, Marietta offers a wide range of events, and businesses created just for your entertainment pleasure. This week Frugal Family features a family Greek festival, 2012 membership prices and information for Six-Flags/Whitewater Parks, the Glover Park Concert Series and the Cobb County Animal Control’s Spring Adopt-A-Thon (everybody wins here). 1) Marietta Greek Festival 2012. Friday through Sunday, over a dozen authentic vendors set up their shops. In addition to the extensive menu of Greek food, the festival offers many more ways to celebrate the culture of Greece. Come by to see items created in…