Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Bring your lunch and enjoy free concerts at noon every Thursday during September on the stage in Glover Park on the Marietta Square.
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD FILES
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Bring your lunch and enjoy free concerts at noon every Thursday during September on the stage in Glover Park on the Marietta Square. Marietta's Parks and Recreation Department sponsors the concerts.
Friday, August 31, 2012
Celebrate Freedom Atlanta, Art in the Park on Marietta Square, "Back to the Future" and "The Boarder" at the Strand, Holy Smoke BBQ and Music Festival and Nibble & Noshfest—don't miss out on the weekend fun.
1. The Celebrate Freedom Atlanta festival takes place on Saturday, Sept. 1, from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. The free one-day concert will take place at Jim Miller Park. Parking is $5. 2. The 26th annual Marietta Art in the Park festival returns to Glover Park in Marietta Square from September 1-3. The annual art festival takes place each Labor Day weekend and features a juried exhibition with over 150 artists from all over the country as well as local artists from the Marietta area. 3. Join the Strand Theatre on Saturday, Sept. 1 for a showing of Back to the Future at 8 p.m. 4. Join the Strand Theatre for the Southeastern US Premiere of The Boarder, a movie about the struggles of a young boy and his adoptive family as they come to grips with his …
Friday, July 27, 2012
"The Watch," previously titled "Neighborhood Watch," hits theaters Friday. Take a look back at the filming done in Marietta and the trailer—you might recognize part of Marietta Square in the video.
Marietta Square was the setting of filming for scenes of The Watch, previously titled Neighborhood Watch. Filming occurred in front of the Australian Bakery, which was renamed the Adair Bakery & Cafe for the production, in the alley behind Hemingway's and Cool Beans as well as various spots around the square. Check out Video from the set on Marietta Square. Take a closer look at what scenes were filmed in Marietta as well as photos from the set. The Twentieth Century Fox production stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade. NCG Marietta: AMC Barrett Commons 24, Kennesaw Keep up with all the news you care about by subscribing to our free email newsletter, liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
This weekend in Marietta "Smoke on the Mountain" will play at the Strand Theatre, Good Mews will hold its Pins for Purrs fundraiser, The Fabulous Expressions will perform in Marietta Square and more.
1. The bluegrass revival Smoke on the Mountain, starring members of the original Theatre in the Square cast, will be presented by the Atlanta Lyric Theatre from July 27 through Aug. 5 at the Strand Theatre. 2. Spend an afternoon having some fun and helping to raise money in support of the cats of Good Mews by coming to the 2012 bowling fundraiser (Pins for Purrs) at Brunswick Zone, 2749 Delk Road, Marietta on Sunday, July 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $20. 3. Come out to Glover Park to listen to The Fabulous Expressions (Beach), part of the Glover Park Concert Series, Friday at 8 p.m. 4. Join the Marietta Trolley Co. for a ride through Marietta history Thursday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. …
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art, the Summer Craft Beer Tasting at the Marietta Wine Market, dating old portraits with Pamela Cole and more—check out what's going on this weekend in Marietta.
1. On Friday, June 29, come out to enjoy the Glover Park Concert Series—China Grove (Doobie Bros Tribute Band). Concerts begin at 8 p.m. Get more information on the Glover Park Concert Series here. 2. It’s time for the First Sunday Family Day at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art. The first Sunday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m., you can join the museum for an afternoon of fun activities for the family. 3. Join the Marietta Wine Market on Saturday, June 30 from 2 until 4 p.m. for the Summer Craft Beer Tasting. Along with the beers, the market will be serving grilled chicken, black beans and chips with a souvenir glass to keep. Proceeds from the event will go to the Homeless Pets Foundation sponsored by Dr. Good of Town & Country Vet. The cost …
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
If you enjoy great music, huge water slides or movies, are a history buff or like patriotic happenings, this is your week! Take a look at these family activities in and around Marietta.
Leading up to July 4th, you'll find many fun and exciting activities for the Frugal Family in and around Marietta. If you enjoy great music, huge water slides or movies, are a history buff or like patriotic happenings, this is your week! Take a look at all the events you can enjoy either for free or at a bargain cost: Wednesday, June 27, Tuesday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 4. Regal Summer Movie Express. Moviegoers of all ages can climb aboard the Summer Movie Express to enjoy a great selection of films. Participating Regal Cinemas will offer selected G or PG-rated movies for only a dollar ($1) on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. A portion of proceeds from the Summer Movie Express will be donated to the Will Rogers Institute. June 27: Hugo…
Thursday, May 24, 2012
This weekend in Marietta get out with art, join the Windies on the Square, enjoy music in Glover Park, take a ride on the Marietta Trolley or get your haunt on with a ghost walk.
1. Come out for an Open Figure Drawing event at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. Admission is $10. Dry media only. Bring your own drawing materials, boards or easels. Call 770-528-1444 x16 or email Emily Ryals at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. 2. Join your favorite "Gone With the Wind" characters for a weekend with cast members, an auction, costumes, awards and the Twelve Oaks Barbecue. Learn more about the Belles, Beaus and Barbecue event and the Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum here. 3. Still Swinging (Big Band) will kick off the night on Friday, May 25 at 8 p.m. on Marietta Square. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up in the park after 4 p.m. for the 2012 Glover Park Concert …
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
This week Frugal Family features a family Greek festival, membership prices and information for Six Flags White Water, concerts and the Cobb County Animal Control’s Spring Adopt-A-Thon.
School is almost out for the summer and Marietta’s Frugal Families are scouting vacation and entertainment ideas for spring and summer fun. Luckily, Marietta offers a wide range of events, and businesses created just for your entertainment pleasure. This week Frugal Family features a family Greek festival, 2012 membership prices and information for Six-Flags/Whitewater Parks, the Glover Park Concert Series and the Cobb County Animal Control’s Spring Adopt-A-Thon (everybody wins here). 1) Marietta Greek Festival 2012. Friday through Sunday, over a dozen authentic vendors set up their shops. In addition to the extensive menu of Greek food, the festival offers many more ways to celebrate the culture of Greece. Come by to see items created in…
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Join Scarlett and Rhett, Melanie and Ashley, Sue Ellen and Carreen, the Tarleton Twins and your other favorite "Gone With the Wind" characters for a weekend with cast members, an auction, costumes, awards and the Twelve Oaks Barbecue.
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD FILES
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
The Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum will host Belles, Beaus and Barbecue: A Gone with the Wind Celebration May 25 throgh May 27. Marietta Patch will be posting updates throughout the weekend, so follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to stay updated throughout the festivities. Let’s Go To The Hop! Friday, May 25 6:30-10:30 p.m. Marietta Country Club: In keeping with the theme of Gone With the Wind through the decades, enjoy a delicious dinner while celebrating the 1950’s with a genuine Sock Hop complete with 50’s music, dancing and (of course) costumes. The evening will be jumping as patrons don their poodle skirts, saddle shoes and penny loafers for an evening of fun. There will be prizes galore as special guest judges try to …
Thursday, May 10, 2012
This weekend get out to the final Good Mews spring flea market of the year, Marietta Trolley Co. tours, Ghost Walks, a behind-the-scenes look at the Strand Theatre and more.
1. Celebrate our servicemen and Wounded Warriors with the Hearts for Heroes III event at the Strand Theatre. Thursday night the public is invited for an evening of memories, music, military and more. The Strand event will be followed by a VIP reception at the home of former Georgia Governor Roy Barnes. 2. Bring your lunch and enjoy local musician Joy Parkman (Worship) Thursday at noon on the stage in Glover Park at the Square. 3. Join the Strand Theatre for a behind-the-scenes look on Thursday at 11 a.m. 4. Good Mews, a no-kill cat shelter, is holding its 10th annual spring flea market. It is the nonprofit organization's biggest fundraiser of the year. The sale runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. May…